Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation 2014

My husband and I were very fortunate to be able to take all four of our boys on vacation to Pennsylvania where we met up with my sister and her family. We visited the Central Market where every kind of food imaginable could be found. and they were giving away roses for free. 


We visited the MorningStar Flea Market, which was the biggest flea market I had ever seen.

The Lake Tobias Wildlife Park and Safari was wonderful! I recommend it - for only $12/person it was affordable and fun family entertainment. You ride in a bus that has the top cut off, and the animals walk right up to it so you can feed them crackers or popcorn. After the safari is done, you can walk around the rest of the park to see the other zoo type animals, and there is a petting zoo full of adorable smaller animals you can go inside to interact with and feed. 



We spent every afternoon/evening at Gifford Pinchot State Park picnicking and swimming with the family. A beautiful park with shaded picnic area and a clean inviting swimming spot was FREE for day use to the public. We couldn't go wrong!


We spent the last day of our vacation which was also my husband's birthday in Baltimore. We took the tour of Camden Yards - because my husband is an Orioles fan. It was about a 90 minute tour that went behind the scenes and gave a lot of interesting information.


We also toured the inner harbor. What a beautiful city.




And our kids loved riding these paddle boats while we watched from the dock.




I am sad that the vacation is over but so glad I was able to spend time with my sister and her family.










No comments:

Post a Comment